Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Goin' Vintage In The Office

Please note: this picture in no way does my outfit justice.

I rarely buy clothes for myself. In fact, most of the items in my closet are at least five years old. Over the years I've realized that I like to play around a lot with pieces that can double as something else. For example, I'll wear a dress that would normally be considered as inappropriate and pair it with a sweater or jacket to make it look like a top or skirt.

That is exactly what I did for this outfit.

I started with a strapless dress I bought years ago back in middle school ($12 at Charlotte Russe) and added a black button down shirt and boots. I love being able to mix in old pieces like this because it keeps my wardrobe from getting boring plus, I get to wear items I normally wouldn't be able to in the workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment