Monday, April 9, 2012

HOTD: Breakfast at Tiffany's Inspired


I originally had this look a couple weeks ago but the pictures somehow erased from my phone so the front shot is from the first day I wore this and the back shot is from my second attempt.

I have a "stacked" cut with side-bangs so I can't simply just tie my hair up. To do so, I need pins, clips, and a ton of hairspray.


This look came to be for a few reasons:
1. I wanted my hair out of my face
2. I wanted to have some fun
3. I was inspired from a combo of the last scene of Breakfast at Tiffany's and a tutorial from Eleventh Gorgeous

First, I brushed my hair back and took a handful, gave it a twist to create a small bump (I am a Jersey girl, after all), and kept it back with a couple of pins. Then I split my hair that was still down in half and tied them into pigtails. Finally, I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed...and then I sprayed some more. In fact, I actually posted on Facebook my fear of bursting into flames due to the amount of product in my hair...lol :)

This was a quick and easy way to play around with my short hair...plus, not only did it do it's job of staying out of my face but I also received several compliments on it.

On a sidenote, I want to apologize for my absence over the past few weeks. Things have been (for lack of a better word) crazy, however, I do have ideas for new posts so please stay tuned and as always, thank you for visiting my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment