Friday, April 20, 2012

Just Release Me Dupe Failure



I love Philosophy's Just Release Me eye makeup remover. Not only does it take off my most stubborn mascara but it's also gentle and because it contains aloe, it's great for use after I do my eyebrows.
The problem is it's also $20 which isn't much but there are some tight weeks when i can't exactly afford to just run out and pick up a new bottle.

That being said, I decided to try Allmay's version which seemed like it would be the same for a fraction of the cost...I was wrong, very, very wrong. It was in no way, shape, or form conditioning to my eye area and seemed like it was all alcohol and didn't even take off my non-waterproof mascara. I tried it on my eyebrows after plucking them in hopes of it calming the area but that didn't do anything either...it just left a sticky feeling.

I would love to be able to find a dupe but this certainly was not one of them. After I tried it out I read some reviews and apparently I'm not alone. Unfortunately, this product is going in the trash.

Note: I purchased these products with my own money. The opinions expressed in this post are those of my own. I have never accepted any kind of compensation in exchage for a review. For mor information, please check out my Disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment