Thursday, March 7, 2013

Jason and The Drugstore-Maybelline Superstay 14Hr Lipstick



Last night as I wrote out the shopping list for Jason, I decided to have a little fun and also asked him to pick out a lipstick. Having just watched several "My Boyfriend/Husband Does My Makeup" videos, I was inspired and pretty curious to see what he'd bring home. Truth be told, I expected either black or a shiny silver shade, thankfully that was not the case.

He was actually a really good sport and it looked like he took this experiment quite seriously.
Out of everything he had to choose from, he came home with the Maybelline Super Stay 14Hr Lipstick in Ultimate Blush.

I'm still beyond impressed with his choice because the shade alone is absolutely perfect and one that I would probably reach for quite often.
To me this just screams Spring...it's a perfect light pink tone with a little bit of shimmer.

The staying power is actually pretty impressive as well.
I applied this before I left for work and at first wasn't thrilled with the sticky feeling it left, however, that went away within minutes. Having spent a nine-hour day without touch-ups, the lipstick is still on my lips. Although, I would like to note that the color has been turned down a bit.


7:30AM
5:30PM


Overall, I really liked this, which says a lot considering I'm not a huge fan of Maybelline products. I  could certainly see this being used especially on occasions when I don't want to worry about whether or not my lipstick is still looking intact. If anything, my main complaint would be the fact that it has made my lips feel dry so I probably would not use this on a daily basis.

While I can't speak for Jason, I had a fun time with this and am considering turning this little game into a possible series...we shall see......

As always, I thank you for visiting my blog...
I'd also like to give Jason a special shout-out for being so supportive and willing to play along :)


Note: This product was selected by someone else, but was purchased with my own money. The opinions expressed in this post are those of my own. I have never accepted any kind of compensation in exchange for a review. For more information, please check out my Disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment