Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Get to Know Me: The Beauty Blogger Tag

This was originally found this on Emilynoel83's blog and especially considering that I rarely see these, as they're more popular on Youtube, I thought it would be fun to give it a shot...I'd also like to note that this particular post took about two weeks to complete as I only answered a few questions a day.
Enjoy!

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
I've seen in a lot of older pictures that my hair used to be really curly but now it's mainly wavy. In fact, it basically has a mind of it's own and does what it pleases. One day I can wake up with it flat and the next I could find a few curls...

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I've only dyed my hair three times-twice red and once purple, otherwise, I love my natural blond too much to color it.

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
For the most part, I wear it down but for second and third day hair, I generally either tie it half-up or clip it back all together. Especially on the weekends, I usually just prefer to keep it all out of my face.

4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I have a lot more fun doing my own nails at home as opposed to going to a salon...the last time was probably about four years ago when I tried out gels (those did a lot of harm and didn't last long...not to mention the price).

5. How often do you change your nail polish?
I usually repaint my nails once a week (late at night during the weekend). It's easier because not only am I not exhausted but I can take my time without worrying about having to wake up early for work.

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I have a thing about toes so I always have them painted. During "sandal seasons" I repaint them once a week and as it gets cooler, I can wait anywhere from two to three weeks before fixing them up again.

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
During the week it usually takes at least 45 minutes but on the weekends sometimes it can be well over an hour. For me, it's more like an enjoyable experience as opposed to a job and I really like being able to experiment with different techniques and colors.

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
In this order:
Face (foundation & concealer)
Eyes
Face (contour, bronzer, blush, highlighter, finishing powder)
Lips

9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I wouldn't say that I collect makeup but I do have a decent amount of products. I used to have everything in a small makeup bag and now I have several drawers filled up ranging from face products to nail polishes.

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Never. They've never really pulled me, not to mention, I'd be too afraid of damaging my real lashes.

11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Oh yeah, I feel naked without having a full face on. Recently, I couldn't wear eye makeup for a couple weeks and it was driving me insane.

12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
I basically always have makeup on, especially when I'm around others...not to mention the fact that a few of my family members could be pretty blunt. "Put on some makeup! You look like the walking dead!"

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
The only times I walk out of the house without makeup is if I'm really sick or exhausted. Last Aug. my mom went in for heart surgery and I woke up at 3am so I could have my makeup on. I realize that probably sounds bad but it I suppose in a way it's a security blanket.. Btw, my mom made it through just fine :)

14. How many high-end products do you have?
I have a pretty decent amount and within the last couple of years, it's certainly grown but at the same time there are a lot of drugstore brands that I use as well, especially Wet n Wild and Revlon.

15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
I like to plan out my outfit if I have something special planned or need to be out of the house early. Otherwise, I play it by ear.

16. How often do you change your handbag?
I tried to change my bags on a daily basis but it got to be too much of a hassle so I now switch them out monthly. (I love my bags!)

17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
Actually, that question should be "What time does your child wake up and go to sleep?"
Wake Up: I wake up either with my son or my alarm-this means it can be anytime 4-5am, 6:30, or 8am (on a good day)
Sleep: I usually go to sleep around midnight but I'll occasionally stay up until 1-1:30 (and then end up paying for it later)

18. How often or when do you workout?
I don't have a full blown work out but I do try to stay active. Mostly, I like to walk around with my son.

19. Left handed or right handed?
right handed

20. How tall are you?
Prior to the back surgery I had about ten years ago, I was 4' 11'' but I'm now 5' 1''

21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
very (very) little Italian

22. How many pets do you have?
I have a Sheltie named Lady, who has been in our family since I was in 8th grade.

23. How often are you on Blogger?
I'm basically on at least once a day reading other people's blogs and working on my own, of course, I usually post about twice a week.

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Not so much on blogs as youtube videos

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I don't make lists very often, mainly when all of the holiday sets come out.

26. How did you come up with your blog name?
The initial idea for this blog was to serve as a place where I could freely discuss makeup and shortly after I realized there were other types of posts that I wanted out of my head and onto the computer...and from there, "from the mind of a beauty addict" was born.

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
For the first year I used my phone's camera, which not only had bad quality but also took too much time when it came to lighting so a few months ago I splurged and bought myself the Sony Cyber-Shot.

28. How often do you clean your house?
I try to keep up as much as possible but for the most part, I like to clean during the weekend.

29. What's your favorite color?
Pink :)

30. Do you swear?
Yes...more so when I get really angry (I've shocked a few of my coworkers that way...lol) I, no, both my fiance and myself, really have to watch when our son is around because I've heard certain words coming out of his mouth that I wish I hadn't.

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I don't have anything planned at the moment but probably just vegging out in bed.

Well, there you have it....thank you for sticking with me and as always, your support is greatly appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment