Thursday, January 10, 2013

Favorites of 2012

For the most part, putting together my list of H.G. items was pretty simple, especially since I like to keep a bag of back-ups under my makeup table. The following are all the products that I've used throughout the year and have repurchased.

~Hair~
*Wen*
Even though I've been using this product for a couple years, back in the Spring, I started using it more as a conditioner than cleanser. With regular shampoo, it makes my hair look shiny and feeling healthy. I did attempt to try out different products but nothing else could compare. For the winter months, I'll be using Fig, which is more moisturising than the other "flavors".

*TRESemme' Thermal Recovery Shampoo*
After spending over a year of only using a cleansing conditioner on my hair, the search for a great shampoo proved to be a tad difficult. Luckily, on my second attempt, I found my now go-to product. Just like Wen, I absolutely love the way my hair looks and feels...plus, there's the added bonus of heat protection.

*TRESemme' Tres Two Extra Hold Hairspray*


I didn't notice this until it was mentioned in an Emilynoel83 video and have been using this ever since. Not only is it affordable, but the hold is great without leaving any sticky residue.

~Face~
*bareMinerals Foundation in Golden Fair*
I started using this in the beginning of January, when I was suffering from horrible breakouts and acne scars. Over the past 12 months, it has not only covered up any imperfections but my face has also cleared up wonderfully. This is a product that I simply can't imagine being without and has been the absolute best foundation I've ever tried.

*bareMinerals Bisque*
Adding this to the mix has given me even more coverage and truly erases everything from dark circles to the occasional breakout.

*bareMinerals Original Mineral Veil*


This offers such a great airbrushed look and really evens everything out. Before I initially tried this I really didn't understand the purpose for a "finishing powder", however, this have been a product that I never leave the house without.

*bareMinerals Prime Time*


When I use this, my make-up stays on all day and rarely needs to be touched up...plus, it hasn't caused any break outs.

~Eyes~
*Tarte Lights Camera Splashes Mascara*
I've been using this for over two years and have continued to repurchase. I love everything about it from the way my lashes feel and look to how bulletproof it is. I don't doubt that this will be on my H.G. list for quite some time.

*Smashbox Limitless Liner in Onyx*
This is another product that I have been using for over two years. Over the past twelve months I've been having a lot of fun using a colored liner on the top on my lids and Onyx in the waterline. It's quite rare when I need to reapply in the middle of the day.

~Skincare~
*Philosophy Hands of Hope*
Last year when I bought my first tube, I didn't think I'd repurchase...ironically, I've had HOH in my bag ever since. It's so moisturising, especially perfect for the cooler months, and has no scent so I don't have to worry about it competing with my perfume. I'm yet to find a cheaper dupe for this.

*Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough Neck Cream*
I absolutely love this product! After the first month of use, I could see such a difference in the tightness of my neck and decollete area...the smooth feeling is a bonus as well.

*bareMinerals Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser*
Last January after using BEs makeup for a few weeks I decided to venture toward their skincare and haven't looked back since. I use the exfoliating cleanser first thing in the morning and as a mask once a week. I also really like the fresh scent it has.

*bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser*
I use this every other night and it's such a gentle cleanser that takes the day off.

*bareMinerals Deep Cleansing Foam*
I use this on nights when I don't reach for the Purifying Cleaner and it applies almost like a mask.
I've been using all three cleansers for a year and not only has my skin cleared up immensely but it also looks a lot brighter. I don't think I'd want to use anything else.

*bareMinerals Skin Rev-Er Upper*
I use this morning & night and it's really helped to clear my skin without drying it out.

*bareMinerals Active Cell Renewal Night Serum*
This is such a light serum that goes right into the skin. My face has looked amazing since I've been using this product and I fully believe that this is what helped to erase all my acne scars...that and the Skin Rev-Er Upper.

*bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer*
This moisturizes my face without causing any breakouts, which is what I think was initially my problem, using the wrong face cream.

~Shower~
*Philosophy Candy Cane*


This 3in1 is part of the holiday collection, however, I keep it in my bathroom all year long. I'm not 100% sure but this has to contain Menthol because it really opens up your nasal passages and gives off a nice cooling sensation. I love using this when I'm sick or on hot summer nights....I use this on my son as well.

~Lips~
*EOS Lip Balm*
These are great to use prior to applying lipsticks or glosses. They're not greasy, smell really good, and leave my lips nice and soft. I take these wherever I go.

*Laura Geller Italian Marble Lipstick*
As of right now I have seven shades from this line and love all of them. The colors range from sheer to a bold pink and feel just like a lip balm.

*bareMinerals Moxie Lip Gloss*
After I tried a couple out, I soon became addicted and loaded up on more...and more. They're long lasting with shades ranging from clear to a deep berry. What I love it the candy scent they have and the minty feeling I get when I wear them.

So there you have it-my list of 2012 Go-To/Holy Grail/Repurchased items. I apologize for the long length of this post...thanks for sticking with me :)

Note: I purchased these products with my own money. The opinions expressed in this post are those of my own. I have never accepted any kind of compensation in exchange for a positive review. For more information, please check out my Disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment