Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Happy (early) Birthday To Me!!!!!



Aside from my ear lobes, my first major piercing was my nose, which was done when I was fourteen. To this day I have a feeling one of the reasons my dad agreed to take me was due to the fact that I had just recovered from back surgery several months earlier...but I digress...

Since then I've become obsessed. From then to now I've gotten the following pierced:
*4 holes in each ear
*labret
*tongue (most recent)

This year for my twenty-fifth birthday I decided to gift myself a tragus piercing. Working in an office environment means that I either need to be able to take out the studs or hide them...which makes new piercings a little difficult.

The ironic part is a couple years ago when I got my fourth holes done I swore I'd never do it again...and yet, I still decided on a cartilage piercing.

I went to Pleasurable Piercings, which is where I had my nose done and truthfully is the only studio where I felt the most comfortable. When I walked in, the girl behind the counter helped me to choose my jewelry and explained in full detail what I needed to do in order to help the healing process.
Once I was called into the piercing room, Jaime, my piercer, explained everything from how the tools were sterilized to what he was about to do. He even intently listened as I rambled on with nervousness, helping me to calm down. He was really great.

The procedure itself was, well, surprising. I had heard from numerous people that it would be quite painful and I'd even hear a "pop", but all I felt was a slight pinching which only lasted no more than a minute.

I must say, next to my nose, this is probably the easiest piercing I've ever had. Aside from a slight ache which lasted all of an hour, I haven't had any pain, in fact, I can't even tell there's a stud in my ear.

If you're in the NY/NJ area and are looking to get pierced, I completely recommend Pleasurable Piercings. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, not to mention very clean. You never see someone not wearing gloves and the piercers even wear masks for a more sterile environment. I don't know why I went elsewhere for my other piercings but I'll definitely be back for the next one (which will probably be my rook)...


As always, thank you for taking the time to read my blog.


Note: I am not affiliated with Pleasurable Piercings or the Association of Professional Piercers. I have not received any kind of compensation to give a positive review. I am solely a lover of piercings and body modification.

No comments:

Post a Comment