Wednesday, January 16, 2013

TSO 12.22.12



This was supposed to be posted a while ago, however, I never had the chance....anyway, just before Christmas I attended the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert that I'd been impatiently awaiting and as always, it stopped my heart and brought tears to my eyes (multiple times).You can read more about my love (or obsession) for this band in this Post.



Waiting for the show to start...


Roddy Chong
We walked in to find a light snow falling in the lobby, which was without a doubt, a  perfect way to be greeted. The moment the show started I immediately started to well up with tears and spent a decent amount of time in sheer disbelief that I was actually watching them live.

Band Intros by Chris Caffery

This was the first year focusing on their third album, The Lost Christmas Eve, which if interested, you can read about Here. After reading a mix of reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect but both my fiance, Jason, and myself absolutely loved it. In fact, he has now been TSO'd!

One of my favorite moments from the evening was when the creator, Mr. Paul O'Neill, came on stage and started playing. At that point I had lost it completely...The thing is, not many people could understand how much he's changed my life so watching him meant the world to me.

"Someday"
Intro-Chris Caffery
Person Screaming-Me :)
Performed By-Kayla Reeves; Accompanied By-Paul O'Neill
(Sorry for the shaky quality)

Of course, I also have to mention when my all time favorite song was played at the end, Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24. To hear it live is such an incredible experience, quite powerful....it never ceases to bring out goosebumps and tears. While I'm at it, I might as well give a shout out to Rob Evan, an incredibly talented singer, who performed several of the songs beautifully. Then, of course, there's Brian Hicks, who narrated the story with such feeling and depth...and yes, {surprise surprise} made me cry at the end. Then there are three of my favorites from the band, Roddy Chong, Joel Hoekstra, and Chris Caffery, who have such a great time on stage are so much fun when it comes to interacting with the audience. Who am I kidding, there's not a bad member in the bunch. The amount of talent on that stage was absolutely mind blowing. 
Paul O'Neill


Roddy Chong & Chris Caffery

If anything, my one and only complaint was that there was no Meet and Greet. I had been told that for certain venues, if you wait around long enough, eventually the band comes out and basically hangs out with their fans. I was determined to especially meet Chris Caffery, who I've had a major crush on literally ever since I first heard TSO. We waited around until we were the last people in the building and were asked to leave but alas, no once came out :(
While I was a little disappointed, it still didn't kill my high from watching such an incredible show. The way I see it, it'll happen when it's meant to be.

Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24
(Sorry for the shaky quality)


...Perhaps next year...  ;)

As always, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment