Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Most Favorite Band EVER!!!

One of my favorite memories was when I was 17 and came home to find a letter with no name or return address that said, "This world you can change it, if you want to arrange it. Pass a favor on if you get the chance." and two tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. All I could do at that moment was cry...I don't mean a tear here and there. I'm talking about hysterically crying.



TSO has been my favorite band ever since I was in middle school when I'd steal my sister's Christmas Eve and Other Stories cd. What started out as an appreciation for the music turned into something much more the older I got. The lyrics really touched my heart and offered support and hope. It's been years since I was a teenager locked up in my room but even now the music continues to lift me up.



The only way I could ever describe that first concert is to call it magical. I had wanted nothing more than to see them live and was granted such an incredible gift thanks to an anonymous stranger with a very big heart. I never found out who it was but think about that person quite often. I still have the letter, in fact, I consider it to be one of my most prized possessions. After all, these moments belong in a Hallmark movie, not in real life.
To that mystery person, whoever he or she may be, I can never truly be able to express my gratitude.

I'm thrilled to report that I'll be seeing TSO in concert this year and this time taking Jason, my fiance. I admit, when the tickets came in I started to cry. This band brings back so many memories and has brought light into the darkness.



So looking forward to 12/22!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment