Sunday, November 4, 2012

Just Checking In...

What a week. We continually lost power throughout Monday and by 6:30 that night it was out completely. Without heat, we were forced to spend the next three days by my in laws, who were kind enough to take us in. My sister had a tree fall on her house but was allowed back in the following night. I have an aunt, uncle, and cousin who were in the dark for several days and then 7 hours after it had been restored they lost it again...they still don't have power. My other aunt, uncle, and cousin down in Point Pleasant just got their power back and are doing well. I'm particularly proud of my 17 year old cousin who got a group together to volunteer. All in all we lucked out.                                        The images I've seen are absolutely heartbreaking, especially the boardwalk in Seaside. I'm a Jersey shore girl so it felt like losing a second home. My heart goes out to all those who have been affected by this terrible storm. We will rebuild!                                                                                                     I'll publish on a regular basis as soon as I can get to a computer as opposed to my iPod touch. Stay Jersey strong!                                                                                                                                                 P.S. If possible, please donate or volunteer. There are a lot of families in the tri-state area who are in need. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment