Thursday, February 7, 2013

Treat Yourself To Gorgeous: A Review



Back in December, Tarte had a TSV which was truly a great value, the Treat Yourself to Gorgeous Collection. This company is known for their wonderful holiday palettes and this one certainly was no exception. In fact, it sold out before the night was over.

I meant to review this sooner but in a way I'm glad I waited. Initially I had planned on returning this  but having had more time has granted me the ability to give it more of a chance.

The set comes with:
-4 Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Glosses
-4 Cashmere Waterproof Eyeliners
-20 Amazonian Clay Eye Shadows

The nice part about this is that the glosses are in one gift box, eyeliners are packaged in another, and the shadows are in one large box that slides open. All three are magnetized which makes it easy to keep everything together or you can chose to separate them.

Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss
*Darling (soft pink)
*Brazen (bright rose)
*Genuine (creamy pink)
*Giddy (coral pink)

photo courtesy of qvc.com


This was the only part of the set that I truly did not like. The glosses are packaged in a click-pen, which made it very difficult for application. There were times when I either could not get the product out or a ton came out of the tip all at once. I did try these on several occasions but they ended up either looking solely like a clear gloss or resulted in a gluey look. Eventually I just gave up.
I tried keeping everything together for this review but somewhere along the line I ended up losing these...

Cashmere Waterproof Eyeliner
*Black
*Black-Brown
*Bronze
*Black-Orchid



These are automatic pencils, meaning, they do not need to be sharpened. I quickly learned to be very careful when twisting the top to bring up the pencil because you can't bring it back down...I actually almost lost one of them that way even before trying them out. The pencils themselves are really great quality with wonderful pigmentation and staying power. If I had to rate these on a scale of one to five, I'd give them a four (I took one off due to the packaging). Out of all the brands I've been playing around with, I think these might be one of my favorites.

Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow



This is more of a neutral palette that ranges from a light buttercream to a deep charcoal. Of course, there are also some gorgeous purples thrown in as well. Basically, this set gives you enough options to go from the most neutral to a great smokey eye. The shadows are nicely pigmented and feel amazing. They're so soft and silky, not to mention apply quite easily.

Overall, I really like this kit...it's great to give as a gift for others or even just for yourself. Aside from the glosses, I feel like Tarte certainly did not disappoint.

For more information and/or to place an order, you can find the Treat Yourself to Gorgeous Collection here.

Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog :)

Note: I purchased these products with my own money. The opinions expressed in this post are those of my own. I have never accepted any kind of compensation in exchange for a positive review. For more information, please check out my Disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment