Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Joey and Janice's Day of Fun!" {...a haul story...}

My mom and I decided to have ourselves a girls day this past Friday. It was really nice to be able to spend time together...especially when everyone else was at work!

The dangerous part: having off on payday. The result:

First stop: Goodwill

We happened to be driving past and were curious so we stopped in. I didn't know what to expect but was really surprised by how organized it was...they separate their clothes by color! It was a shock to see the name brands there as well In the bag section alone I saw Vera Wang, Gucci, and Kate Spade all priced under $25. Unfortunately, I held off on a new purse even though they were super cheap. I ended up walking out with a cute pair of sapphire chandelier earrings and Andrea Jovine sunglasses. Upon further investigation, these glasses, in which I paid $3, retail for $85!


Sephora!
Since I started using BE, my mom has been curious about it so we went to check it out. To my complete shock she actually decided to by a kit just like I had. I was really disappointed, though, because the sales associate didn't help her out with how to apply or anything. In fact, she didn't seem to have a lot of knowledge about the product.
I came out with BE's Pure Radiance and the Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner.

Bare Escentuals
Had I known there was a boutique in the mall we would have gone there for my mom's kit. I must say that store is nice and welcoming! We were greeted by a very friendly sales associate who helped me pick out a new brush (Flawless Radiance brush). I felt compelled to tell her all about what this product has been doing for me and when she mentioned the skin care she gave each of us samples of a face scrub. I haven't tried it yet but now I'm thinking I might want to look into it during my birthday shopping trip.

Hello Yellow!-Bath & Body Works
We went to B&BW on a whim and I am so glad we did...I didn't know that they're discontinuing Charmed Life. I was so shocked because that's only been out for maybe three months. Unfortunately, all the shower gels and full sized products were sold out but I did grab the rest of their travel sized lotions...along with a couple from Be Enchanted....and a sample lotion of their new Rio Rumberry....and some soaps for my mom....Actually I only paid $11 for all of it!

Harmon
I didn't plan on buying anything from there until I saw travel sizes for Organix shampoo and conditioner. I decided to give it a shot as I've been curious about this brand.

Last Stop: Home
As soon as we got back I did something I've wanted to do for years: give my mom a makeover. We sat in the kitchen and I showed her how to use all of her new products...she looked so great!

I loved spending the day together, especially watching her pamper herself for once, but my favorite part was going to sleep. I was exhausted by the time we came back.

No comments:

Post a Comment