Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Review: Bare Minerals Starter Kit

After work on Friday I took a trip to Sephora and picked up the 7 piece bareMinerals kit. The sales associate not only matched my shade but she even demonstrated how to apply it. When I looked in the mirrow I literally screamed "Holy S**t!!!". My fiance who wasn't even in the store said he could hear me. I was just so amazed because I have never seen my skin so clear.

~The Kit~
*Full size Original or Matte (your choice) foundation (your shade)
*Mineral Veil
*Warmth All Over Face Color
*Full Flawless Face Brush
*Flawless Application Face Brush
*Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush
*Instructional Booklet
*How-To DVD
*Sample size Prime Time

~SPF 15 Foundation (Original)~
You have a choice between the Original which gives a dewy glow or Matte which they say is good for oily skin. My shade is Golden Fair and surprisingly matches perfectly. What really impressed me was that not only does it work as a foundation but it can also be used as a concealor. I have horrible breakouts and acne marks on my face and this is the first product that's ever covered them completely.

~Original Mineral Veil~
The Mineral Veil is translucent and works as a finishing powder.It really helps to blend and give your face an airbrushed look.

~Warmth All Over Face Color~
I was actually afraid to use this and wasn't even going to just because I have a light complection and this almost has a chocolate tone to it. I did give it a shot and really like it. I use a very small amount in the spots where the sun would naturally hit my face (cheeks, forehead, etc).

~Full Flawless Face Brush~
This offers Medium to full coverage and is what I use to put on my foundation.(shown in pic-bottom)

~Flawless Application Brush~
This offers light to medium coverage and is what I use for the Warmth and Veil. (shown in pic-middle)

~Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush~
This makes it easier for small areas and does give great coverage for under my eyes and any red spots. (shown in pic-top)

~Prime Time~
I haven't used this face primer yet because I'm halfway through the Laura Geller Tinted Spackle but it was put on me during the initial demonstration and it did fell very nice on my skin.

~Booklet & DVD~
Both are great for a first timer such as myself. In fact, with all the excitement, I came home forgetting some of what the sales associate had told me so I was really happy to have these.

~Overal Opinion On The Kit~
I wasn't planning on buying the kit but for $60 you get a lot...I think this is a terrific value. Not to mention, for the amount that's needed, this will last a very long time.

~Overall Opinion On The Product~
Honestly, my only complaint is having waited so long to try this out. This is surprisingly very long lasting, in fact, by this time I've usually had to "powder" my nose but my face still looks great (even in the bathroom where the lighting is terrible). This has really given me so much confidence, I've never felt so good before! I am absolutely considering this a H.G. product and will continue to repurchase as long as it makes my skin look this good. Having used this for a few days, I think it might actually be helping my break outs because they don't look so red and angry. Even my father noticed a difference and he doesn't notice much when it comes to cosmetics.

I absolutely recommend this product and truly hope that you end up with a "Holy S**t" moment just like I did!

By the way, If you happen to go to Sephora in the Willowbrook Mall (Wayne, NJ) ask for Shannon-she was so helpful and sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Let's hear it for holy SH*T moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently turned my mom on to BE and she had her own "Holy Sh**" moment as well...lol

    ReplyDelete