Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Nails!!!!


Kandee Johnson recently posted a tutorial for holiday-themed nails and that inspired me to create my own. It was very simple and took no time at all to do it. I call them my "Winter Wonderland/Candy Cane look".

You can use a varieties of different brands/shades for this but for me I used the following:



-Wet n Wild Fast Dry in Clear

-N.Y.C. in Broadway Burgundy Frost
-Sally Hansen XTreme Wear in White-Out
-N.Y.C  in Starry Silver Glitter
-L'oreal Paris Pro Manicure Top Coat
-toothpick

I started this look out by applying the Wet n Wild top coat and following that I painted them red or white on every other nail.

~Candy Cane~
To get the candy cane look I dipped the toothpick into my white polish and drew little lines across. They didn't come out perfect, but I think they look really cute.

~Winter Wonderland~
This is a different take on Kandy Johnson's. She used silver craft glitter and only coated the tips. With mine I just painted a very light coat of my Starry Silver Glitter polish over the White polish.

It's that easy!

I hope you try this out for yourself or even your own take on it! If I can do it so can you!

Have a Happy Tuesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment