Friday, December 23, 2011

My Winter Skin Care Routine

Between the cold weather and the dry heat, winter can be such a skin killer. The following is my daily/nightly routine:

Morning
I like to start off my day by using the Philosophy Microdelivery Wash. Basically, it's a very gentle daily exfoliating wash. It makes my skin feel so soft and really makes it glow! Following that I use Hope In A Jar (also from Philosophy). It's such a light lotion and without it I feel so naked.

Evening
My nightly routine depends on whether or not I've worn make-up that day (I try to go one day a week without anything on). If I have something on then I use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. It's a non foaming wash that really melts away any kind of make-up. It's kind of like a 3-in-1 where it acts as a wash, lotion, and eye make-up remover. On make-up less days I use Philosophy's On A Clear Day foaming wash to clear up any breakouts I might have. It's very gentle and takes away any redness or irritation. With both I like to use a face brush that I found at Sephora.
After cleansing, I use a few drops of Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough 3-6-9 oil and the corresponding Replenishing Lotion. This is something I'm not sure if I'll continue once it gets warmer but for right now I'm really enjoying how smooth it makes my skin. Speaking of which, I don't just stop at my face, my last step is the When Hope Is Not Enough Neck Cream which has really tightened and toned my neck! That is a product that I will not stop using.

Extras
A couple other steps I do is a once a week mask using Queen Helene's Mint Julep which I absolutely love. It gives my skin a nice refreshing spa moment. I also use the Philosophy Micro Peel (usually on Sunday nights). It makes my face so super soft and has really helped to lighten any acne marks that I have.

I've learned that skin care is very important and I feel that if I can start now in prevention of aging than I'm going to do it! I did mention Philosophy but that's just because it's a brand I am very fond of (to put it lightly), that's not to say that's the only one to use. Every one's skin is different so I urge you to play around to find your own routine.

2 comments:

  1. I love Purity Made Simple, but it has NEVER removed my makeup well. I use it on days when I don't wear makeup and every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as much as I love Purity (and I do!) I want to try one of the cleansers from Bare Escentuals. The makeup has worked wonders for my skin so I'm curious as to what the cleansers will do as well.

    ReplyDelete