Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Make-Up Storage for Tight Spaces

I've never had a large space for my make-up but then again I never really needed it...until now. For the past year my collection has grown considerably so the day finally came when I had to sit down and figure out how to create my own little space when there was none to be had.

~Vanity Overview~
There is a tight space between my bed and the wall so I used that to squeeze in a little snack tray.
I draped over a black curtain and now it looks like an extension of my bed...plus I don't have to get up to put on my make-up!


(sorry for the poor lighting)

~Brushes~
It's easier for me to separate my brushes (plus it's a time saver!) so I put them in various glasses/vases. My facial brushes are in a wine glass, the eyeshadow brushes are in a vase, and then I have a wine goblet that I use to store my mascara, eyebrow brush, eyebrow pencil, and tweezers. The only problem I've seen with this is they're so close to my bed that I have a habit of knocking them over. In face, I've already had one casualty with a prior vase. One of these days I will go to the store and pick up some cheaper versions....but I digress....




~Face and Lips~
I keep my blushes, highlighters, bronzers, etc in a tin that came with a Laura Geller kit. Not only does it hold a lot but it's durable. Again, for time saving reasons, I separate my lip glosses and lipsticks in little pouches that came as free gifts from prior Philosophy purchases. What I love about them is that they're clear so it's easy to see my options which also keeps me from constantly picking up the same item.


~Eye Primers/Small Shadows~
Next to my little tin, I have a long stemmed wine glass that holds my various eye primers and some Laura Geller shadows. The stem of the glass makes it easy to fit in any tight space.


~Eyeliners~
I picked up my fair share of liners this year so I now keep those in a shot glass. It works very nice and makes it easy to see the different types. The problem is I fear I may need a bigger glass soon.


~Additional Storage~
I had to add on an additional storage unit a few months ago. The extra "table" is actually an old CD holder on top of a plastic bin. It sits right next to my table and comes up about halfway. On top is all my creams, lotions, deodorant, perfumes, etc. In the CD box I keep all my shadows. This works perfectly because this can only be seen from my bed and even then you can't tell it's a couple containers put together.


~Shadows~
A couple months ago I purchased a large bag for all my smaller shadow sets like my Wet n Wild quads.


It took me a while to organize everything but I think it really paid off. I like to call this my happy place :) Make-up should be enjoyable, not a stress causer which it was for me before I did this. I really hope this helps to show that even if you don't have a big area you can still have everything organized to your liking.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)


No comments:

Post a Comment