Thursday, December 29, 2011

Revamped Make-Up Space

A couple nights ago I knocked over a glass that held my brushes and unfortunately this resulted in a casualty (for the second time!). As much as I loved the way I had set up my little space, it's flaw was that everything kept getting knocked to the floor and was driving me crazy. After a quick trip to TJ Maxx, I picked up a couple items and went to work.

~Table Cloth~
The first thing I did was took off the black fabric and replaced it with "designer" tissue paper. It actually came out really cute and has a nice ruffled look to it. The only thing I'd still like to add is some kind of glass top as a protector. As for the fabric, I wrapped the extra table I had made from an old CD case with it to give a sleeker look.

~Brushes~
I found a great 4 compartment square container and used that to replace whatever I had in glasses. Great space saver!!!

~Make-Up~
I moved my lipstick/gloss in the extra "table" (aka old CD case), and placed my makeup tin on top.

~Skincare/Perfume~
My creams and perfume that I wear daily were all moved to the vanity. Products like perfumes I don't wear all the time and hand creams were placed in a basket underneath.

That's about it...I have to say, I really like how simplistic it looks now and (so far) nothing has fallen!!!! The only problem is that I just need to get used to where everything is but other than that it's working out quite well. Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress (I'd like to be able to add in one of those 4-drawer organizers) but for now this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment