Friday, February 3, 2012

FOTD & Review

I centered this look on my new Bare Escentuals Ready shadow set-The Scenic Route. While it was love at first sight, I admit I was a little intimidated at first. I think I did a nice job with it, though :)




~Face~ (after moisturizer & primer)
I mainly wanted the attention to go on my eyes, so I kept my face natural and glowy.

What I used:
*bareMinerals foundation in Golden Fair
*bareMinerals Warmth used as a contour
*bareMinerals Faux Tan All Over Face Color
*Laura Geller Baked Blush in Mimosa
*bareMinerals Pure Radiance as a highlight
*bareMinerals Veil

Eyes
*bareMinerals Ready shadow in Breathtaking (shimmery white with a bit of gold from The Scenic Route)
I applied this lighter color in the inner part of my eyelid and around the tear ducts to look more awake.

*bareMinerals Ready Shadow in Spectacular (shimmery green with a gold undertone from The Scenic Route)
This was applied on the outer corners of my lid (a little goes a long way)

*Tarte Light green eyeliner from The Jewelry Box palette (from Dec. 2010)
I lined the outer corners of my top lid to make the green shadow pop. I've found that by only lining about half of my upper lid, it makes my eyes more defined and open.

*Tarte shimmery deep gold shadow from The Jewelry Box palette (from Dec. 2010)
To me, this looks like it's just a bit deeper than Spectacular-I used this to smoke out the outer portion of my crease.

*Smashbox Limitless Liner in Onyx
As always, I used this to line my waterline.

*Tarte Shadows from The Jewelry Box palette (from Dec. 2010)
To balance out all the shimmer from the shadows, I used a light cream shade (matte) as my highlighter on my brow bones. In order to make my eyeliner pop a little more, I used a deep green shimmery shadow over the green liner and a shimmery purple on the outer corner (near my waterline) for an unexpected pop of color.

*Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes waterproof mascara
*Laura Geller Brow Marker in Taupe

~Lips~
*Laura Geller The Tropics Lipstick


~The Scenic Route: Review~
The shadows feel like silk and are incredibly pigmented-you only need a slight touch to pick up the product. The colors are absolutely beautiful...they're bright, yet are quite wearable. Just like all Bare Escentuals products they enhance your features as opposed to hiding them. I have a big feeling that I will be picking up more in the (very) near future.

Note: I purchased these products with my own money. The opinions expressed in this post are those of my own. I have never accepted any kind of compensation in exchage for a review. For mor information, please check out my Disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment