Friday, October 19, 2012

Five Years....



This is my absolute favorite picture of us, taken on my 20th birthday. He couldn't afford a gift so instead took me to see all my favorite places. It was late, cold, and rainy...and the most magical night of my life.

♥♥♥♥♥

For a while I didn't think I was capable of being with someone for more than eleven months (my longest record)...until Jason.

It was my first shift as an overnight cashier at the local A&P when a guy with multi-colored hair walked onto my line. He was the exact type I'd always lusted over and the kind who would never give a girl like me a second glance. He kept me company up until it was time to go home and would continue to do so until a few weeks later when I quit.

Just mere days after our first meeting we knew, even though I was involved with someone else at the time, that we had each found what (or should I say who) was missing.

It seems as if our relationship has been tested ever since day one but that's what's made it even stronger. Not to mention, being faced with people who don't "get it". I must admit, though, I enjoy having something that no one else can see or understand...it makes it even more special and precious.

Yes, we fight at times and get on each others' nerves but at the end of the day I feel lucky enough to be able to call him my best friend and the love of my life.

It's unbelievable to me that we're together five years when it seems like only yesterday I got in his car for a trip to the diner followed by a six hour car ride...also known as our first date.

As stressful as life my seem, each and every day I think about my family and the multi-colored haired boy who took my heart, and I smile because I was blessed to have found something early in life in which many spend their entire lives searching for.

Happy anniversary love.
"It's your Irish heart I'm after, peg o' my heart"-Dropkick Murphys

♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment