Thursday, October 4, 2012

Friday Night Beauty

Many many months ago I started to do my nails on Friday nights..I'd wait until everyone was asleep, head downstairs with my nail bag, and give myself a mani/pedi while watching QVC.

From there, that little bit of "me time" has become an entire spa night that I call "Friday Night Beauty"...the name actually comes from the show I watch.


As soon as my son falls asleep, I start by taking off old polish, filing nails, giving my tired soles a good pumicing, and tweezing my eyebrows. Following, I give myself a Queen Helene Mint Julep Face Mask and then scrub my feet using Philosophy's Seniorita Margarita Foot Scrub. In the shower I like using the matching Seniorita Margarita 3in1 Shower Gel. As soon as I towel off I use the Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub to exfoliate my lips.


Once my comfy pjs are on I head downstairs, turn on QVC, and paint my nails while watching people talk about beauty products.



To many my age this might seem really boring...why would a 24 year old stay home on a Friday night? The thing is, after a stressful week this is exactly what I need to lift up my spirits.


I urge you to hold your own Friday Night Beauty some time and let me know how it makes you feel :)


As always, thank you for reading this and supporting my journey of self discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment