Wednesday, October 17, 2012

How Quickly Time Flies...Especially on A Wonderful Day

Why is it that time seems to speed up during the most wonderful of moments?

That's exactly what I asked myself last night...where did the day go?

I'd been scheduled to have off for my son's birthday ever since the beginning of January...since then life has changed for my fiance and myself. At that time he was home more but since getting promoted to full-time, I don't get to spend as much time with either of my boys during the week. It's for that reason that made yesterday so special.

The night before I decorated and filled our living room with dozens and dozens of balloons to the point where they spilled over to the steps. When my son first saw them his entire face completely lit up as he ran around screaming "Bawoons! Bawoons!" The two of us spent the entire day playing around, in fact, he didn't even allow me to sit on the couch! The only break we took from this (aside from his nap) was when he helped me bake his birthday cookies.

Later that night after his bath we read together, well, he tried, and every time he'd catch me looking at him he'd get this big smile on his face. That smile reappeared each and every time I'd walk past his room until he finally fell asleep.

I went to bed feeling so blessed and fortunate to have been able to spend some much needed mother and son time together. I truly hope that as he gets older, we continue with these moments so that he can look back knowing how incredibly loved he is.


I hope all of you are having a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment